Business Developer M/W (California, USA)
At Ciel et Terre, we are convinced solar power generation is an efficient and affordable alternative to conventional fossil fuel energies. Employing about 100 people within our head office in Lille, France and subsidiaries in Tokyo, London, San Francisco, Kuala Lumpur, Beijing, Tainan and Bangalore, we are proud to be creating jobs while contributing to the development of low-carbon, sustainable economies and societies.
We have been developing large-scale solar power plants since 2006, on rooftops (about 55 MW) and on water (over 300 MW worldwide). To address the lack of space available for large-scale ground-based PV systems, which often take up wide areas of productive land, we developed our Hydrelio® floating PV technology. Patented in 2011, this reliable and cost-effective technology allows the installation of large-scale floating solar systems on quarry lakes, dams, irrigation reservoirs or water-treatment sites. As pioneers and experts in the floating PV market, we are developing strategic partnerships on a daily basis and exporting our business and technology worldwide.
To support the growth of our US market, we are seeking an energetic and experienced Business Developer with an entrepreneurial spirit to lead development activities of floating PV power plant projects in California.
Within the project development business unit and under the responsibility of the International Project Development Director, your missions will be as follows:
- Prospect, identify, and communicate with high level decision makers to create new business opportunities.
- Arrange meetings with prospective clients.
- Prepare and present proposals and quotes using the knowledge of a customer’s objectives, energy usage, utility rate schedule, incentives, and financing options.
- Collaborate with the technical team throughout the project development phase.
- Utilize the consultative selling approach to accelerate the sales cycle.
- Close business deals by developing and negotiating all contracts including options to lease, land lease, and power purchase agreements.
- Build and manage a large sales pipeline and keep clients with a longer sales cycle engaged.
- Forecast results monthly and annually; report and manage pipeline in our CRM.
- Keep abreast of industry news and potential project opportunities.
- Attend important industry seminars, conferences, trade-shows where appropriate.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years solar and/or relevant experience
- Successful B2B sales experience
- Experience in consultative sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Strong technical aptitude
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Solid understanding of solar electric design, engineering, financing and project development best practices
- Ability to read, interpret and negotiate legal agreements such as lease agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, and Engineering, Procurement and Construction contracts
WHY CIEL & TERRE?
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- A dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Collaborative company founded on respect, trust and free speech
- The ability to take decisions and initiate change
- Autonomy and self-development
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quality healthcare
- Generous PTO plan
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to Ms Eva PAULY, in charge of the business development management.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter showcasing how your skills and experience fits in with the position and why Ciel et Terre interests you.