Contract/Legal Manager M/W (Lille, FRANCE)
Reporting to the Corporate Management, you will be responsible for contract and legal management of Ciel et Terre International and of the C&T group subsidiaries located abroad (Japan, India, USA, etc…).
Key responsibilities & tasks
Legal-contractual support for the sales of products & services in the floating PV market
- You will act as the internal referee to prepare, approve, and follow the contracts: non-disclosure agreements, sales contracts, turnkey contracts, supplier contracts, manufacturing contracts, cooperation agreements, master of understanding, license agreements, and any other specific agreement.
- You will ensure that each agreement implemented respects the “C&T golden rules” and is accurate, complete and consistent with the activity. If necessary, you will make a summary of the key points.
- You will assist the teams in the legal and contractual aspects of the projects, in order to clarify the obligations and limits of responsibility of the parties, so as to handle the associated risks for C&T.
- You will work on raising awareness and ownership of contractual aspects within the company, particularly for sales and project managers.
- You will propose tools and templates adapted to standard cases and will work closely with management and sales staff for particular cases.
- You will participate on request in key negotiation and commercial decision meetings (travels).
- You will be the focal point for external legal advisors, when necessary.
- You will keep updated the documentation relating to the general terms and conditions of sale of the C&T group companies and to the warranty conditions of C&T products.
- You will ensure that the agreements signed are properly recorded and will keep the reporting up to date throughout the life of the contracts.
Legal-contractual support for the development of floating PV projects
You will be involved in the preparation, negotiation and validation of contracts related to the development of projects: lease pre-agreements, leases, power purchase agreements, grid-connection agreements, project rights transfer agreement, etc…
Legal management for C&T group activities
- You will manage the insurance contracts, in particular the international Civil Liability program, but also the policies required for specific projects (10year guarantee, all-risk construction,…), and the potential claims.
- You will ensure the proper administrative and legal functioning of parent companies and subsidiaries. In many cases, projects are set up in association with other partners within the subsidiaries: you will manage these associations.
- You will manage the legal aspects of intra-group agreements, loans contracts, as well as contracts related to HR policy (employment contracts, profit-sharing, litigation, …)
- You will take charge of any disputes with third parties (clients, suppliers, public authorities or potential infringers of C&T’s intellectual property rights).
You have a degree in law or possibly in business or engineering but with a solid theoretical and practical background in the field of international business law (international or European contracts).
You have at least 5-10 years’ experience in a similar position. You are familiar with international contracts and have already worked on large industrial projects, ideally in the energy sector, within the legal department of a company operating in a multicultural environment (international teams & projects). You are used to work in English. Experience in the USA is a plus.
- Strong writing skills (internal/external communication) in French and English
- Ability to understand the business of each party and the negotiation context
- Structured and pragmatic approach
- Ability to assess the interests and risks of each party in a balanced way
- Organization, rigor and precision
- Analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize
- Critical thinking
- Initiative and decision making to remove obstacles
- Pragmatic, result-oriented
- Good communicator
WHAT WE OFFER
Full time permanent contract to start as soon as possible. Remuneration to be discussed according to profile and experience.
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- A dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- The ability to take decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- The business area of the Haute Borne, located 15 minutes by subway from Lille station and city center
- Onboarding program
- Parking reserved for staff
- Free bicycles rental
- Lunch vouchers
- Incentive agreement
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).