Currently 5 offers:
- Industry Manager EMEA (Lille, France)
- VIE – Project Manager (Japan)
- Business Developer (CA, USA)
- Business Developer (Belgium)
We are regularly looking for interns from engineering and business schools. Do not hesitate to send us your speculative applications at email@example.com
Industry Manager EMEA (Lille, France)
To support its growth in Europe, Middle East and Africa, Ciel et Terre is looking for a new member in its industrial team. This is a demanding, cross functional job, involving a wide array of activities. You will be involved in all steps of manufacturing, from prototyping and validation, to price negotiation, production kick-off, quality and continuous improvement. You will support suppliers across the region in the production of Hydrelio® system and challenge your troubleshooting skills.
- Establish sourcing strategies in Europe, Middle-East, Africa (or beyond if required)
- Industrial trials of new parts in our suppliers’ factories
- Production launches anywhere needed, on the field, in factories.
- Generate technical data to be used for product design
- Set-up all quality procedures and documents at new suppliers or at new product launch.
- Support suppliers across the region to reach the excepted level of quality management.
- Control all Quality forms filled and shared by suppliers, make sure all products are within specification.
- Track production performance and flag process deviation.
- Manage claims when product out of specification is delivered.
- Master in Engineering in either manufacturing, mechanical engineering, quality, polymers processing.
- Minimum 5 years-experience in a production / factory environment.
- The ideal candidate loves field and hands-on work within factories, on production lines.
- Polymer processing basic understanding. Experience in blow-molding or injection molding would be appreciated.
- Production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for effective manufacture, assembly and distribution of goods
- Familiar with classic quality control methodologies: 5 Whys, Fishbone, 8D…
- Proficiency in Office pack and CAD design
- Business acumen and experience in a B2B environment
- English: Fluency in business and technical situations is a must
- Fluency in another language would be a plus (German, Spanish, Arabic, Hebrew…).
- Pragmatic, practical, organized and problem-solving mind-set
- Proactive behaviour: easily rising hand to take responsibility of tasks.
- Team player: shares freely information and communicate with ease
- Reliability to deliver results
- An explorer mindset, ready to go to any country our projects may bring us. Relevant travel experiences will be appreciated (EMEA region or others…).
- High work ethic
What we offer
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- A dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- The ability to take decisions and initiate change
- Autonomy and self-development
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Full-time / Permanent job
- The most dynamic activity area of Villeneuve d’Ascq, located 15 minutes by subway from Lille station and city center
- Secure parking reserved for staff
- Loan of bicycles
- Lunch vouchers
- Incentive agreement
- Salary: from 35k €, depending on experience and skills
- Frequent business trip required in France and beyond: 50% or above on average
3 interviews: with HR manager, Senior management of concerned unit, CTI top management.
Situational interview may be used during the process
Please send your CV along with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations to Fanny HERMANT: firstname.lastname@example.org
VIE – Project Manager (Japan)
We have an opening for May for a self-motivated, high energy Project Manager to join our team in Japan as part of a VIE.
- Read and assimilate the levels of commitments translated by the contract
- Organize, recruit and manage the project team
- Establish a project schedule and track its progress
- Communicate on the progress of the project
- Manage relations with external stakeholders
- Ensure the profitability of the project in relation with the sales team
- Manage and anticipate risks
- Be the point of contact of the client during the implementation and the life of the project
- Be the point of contact for partners (licensees, JVs, agents) and train them
- Realize or commission the preliminary and detailed feasibility study: layout, modeling, list of parts, (geographic location, production simulation, anchoring note, etc.)
- Realize technical-commercial offers
- Source suppliers (panels, inverters, cabling etc …)
- Be the technical support for the realization of business plans
- Dimension solar power plants (preliminary electrical layout)
- Make simulations of productible with PVSYST
- Make preliminary and detailed anchoring studies (distribution of efforts, choice of anchoring equipment …)
- Write technical studies reports in English
- Exploit and analyze technical documents
- Make technological and competitive intelligence
- Intervene in support of R & D in the innovation of new products (brainstorming, CAD, modeling and numerical simulations, supplier meetings & partners …)
- Develop tools for design
- Bac + 5 Renewable Energy Engineer / Generalist / Electrical / Mechanical
- Proficiency in English, Japanese: JLPT N3 minimum
- Basic knowledge of engineering: reading plans, analyzing technical problems, proposing solutions …
- Technical knowledge of PV applications: operation of a plant, its constituent elements (panels, inverters, boxes, etc.), technical constraints related to the site or the panel mounting system …
- IT: Mastery of the Office Pack, Google Sketch-up, ArcView, PVsyst, software builders for sizing of inverters and technical drawing software
- Logistic management knowledge
- Experience in managing highly valued projects
- Good interpersonal and editorial skills (especially technical documents)
- Able to prioritize, self-manage and adapt
- Tenacity, Perseverance
- Practical sense and pragmatism
Please send to Fanny Hermant, email@example.com, your resume and a brief cover letter (or e-mail) showcasing how your skills and experience fit in with the position and why Ciel & Terre interests you.
Solar Business Developer Associate (CA, USA)
Ciel et Terre®. is a 10 year old solar design, engineering and Hydrelio floating system manufacturing company. We are based in beautiful Petaluma, California in Sonoma County just an hour away from San Francisco.
We have an immediate opening for a high energy business development professional to join our team in Sonoma County. The ideal candidate will play a major role in expanding new partnerships with reservoir/pond owners to develop floating PV power plant projects.
Ciel et Terre is looking for a highly driven, self-motivated individual to join our growing team as a Business Developer. The Business Developer Associate will develop and close a core book of commercial business and lead strategic partnerships for the company. The applicant must have exemplary writing and communication skills and a strong desire to reach new contacts in various industries such as wineries, dairies, water agencies, mines….. He/she will bring a solid understanding of commercial PV project, PV system design, solar analytics and effective proposal writing.
Main responsibilities will include researching and contacting small to large businesses that own a body of water in California to determine:
- Who own the reservoir/pond?
- If the reservoir/pond can accommodate a floating solar system
- Identify what would be the best offer for the owner: sell a turnkey solar system or rent the reservoir.
- Create, present and negotiate all proposals including lease and power purchase agreements.
- Follow up each project development with support of the technical team.
- Develop and lead strategic partnerships
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- B2B experience (preferably in the solar or real-estate industry)
- Highly analytical
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to spend significant time outside of an office.
- Networking capacities
- Solid understanding of solar electric design, engineering, financing and project development best practices
- Able to read, interpret and negotiate legal agreements such as Lease agreements, Power purchase agreements, EPC contracts….
- High attention to detail and ability to grasp new concepts relating to technical components and internal processes
Ciel et Terre USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Annual compensation includes a base salary plus generous commissions. In house training and support provided by our team with over 10 years of experience in the field. Special consideration will be given to any applicant with significant experience in a similar role in the state. We are the pioneers and expert in the specialized niche market of floating PV, this means we are dedicated to be the nation’s best manufacturer and services provider of floating PV solutions in the industry!
Check us out at www.ciel-et-terre.net
Job Type: Full-time/Permanent
Required education: Bachelor’s
Preferred experience: Solar PV Industry or Real-estate developer
Please send CV & letter of motivation to Eva Pauly-Bowles at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business development with Ciel & Terre and Perpetum (Belgium)
PerPetum Energy is a well-established company specialized in the solar market. We provide solar energy system across all the EMEA region.
In association with the company Ciel & Terre, we are expanding now our business within the floating solar PV solutions in Belgium and are looking to recruit a B2B Business Developer.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a key business development role within a growing and successful company and be part of an ambitious growth strategy within a new, innovative ethic sector.
You will work closely together with the Commercial Director and report directly to Commercial Director as the Group Director. You will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities (technical, financial and contractual aspects). You must have a proven track record in generating new business and ability to close deals successfully.
Be able to devise a solid strategy how to develop and target the market, identifying and building sales channels.
Developing new clients, negotiating with them (technical, financial and contractual aspects) and closing contracts.
Together with Commercial Director and Group Director, work out and agree upon a strategy and a budget. You will be the one with the commitment to obtain the budget.
Maintain accurate and complete information regarding Sales Pipeline and forecast.
Requirements and skills
Educated to bachelor’s or master’s degree in technical, commercial and/or financial field. A relevant experience and/or proven track record are more important than the field of education. Ability to work independently and responsibly. Ability to generate leads and bring them to a successful closure. The responsibility and the drive to obtain the agreed targets. If no experience in solar-specific business, then the ability to understand the technical concepts and the financials related to a renewable energy investment. Strong network of contacts, strong communications & negotiation skills. Fluent Dutch and French languages are a necessity, combined with fluent English language is preferred.
In return you will be offered a competitive base salary with the opportunity to earn uncapped commissions.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining your motivations to Jérôme Flament : email@example.com