[INTERNSHIP] Project Engineer M/W (Lille, France)
Ciel & Terre International is currently expanding the business development activities in the United States, South America and Europe. For that reason, we are offering an intern position at the Headquarter in Lille to support the technical team. You will be mainly working on the prospection and technical characterization of new potential sites (United States, South America and Europe) to identify the one suitable for floating solar. You will perform floating solar array design and will be in relation with the local project developers to technically assist them in their daily missions. You will participate in the improvement of the floating solar projects by developing new technical solutions related to the Hydrelio product.
You will be working under the authority of the Project Development Manager.
- Assist the project development team in the site prospection using GIS softwares
- Develop new tools or processes for the project development team
- Conduct pre-feasibility and detailed studies for floating solar projects: layout, modelling, components listing, geographical implantation, yield energy simulation, anchoring notes…
- Design floating solar systems (preliminary electrical layout)
- Run PVSYST and Helioscope simulations
- Support the technical team (Development and Construction department) regarding product innovation (brainstorming, CAO, numerical simulations and modeling, suppliers/partners meetings…)
You are currently enrolled in a Master program in renewable, mechanical, general or electrical engineering and you are looking for an end-of-course internship.
You are mastering Microsoft Office, Autocad or equivalent 2D CAO software (Solidworks, Draftsight). If you know Google Sketch-up, ArcView or equivalent GIS software, PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora, it would be a plus.
You are fluent in English. Another language will be also appreciated.
Knowledge about solar energy, PV plant functioning, main components (PV panels, inverters, electrical boxes…) and technical constraints of installation would be an advantage.
You have good relational and writing skills (especially for technical reports drafting), and you are able to adapt, prioritize and self-manage. With a capacity for synthesis and a critical mind, you are proactive and pragmatic. And, of course, you have a deep interest in renewable energies.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 6-month internship available from December 1st 2019
- Business trips possible (site or subsidiary visits)
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- Dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Parking reserved for staff
- Free bicycle lending
- Lunch vouchers
- Legal compensation
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).