[Internship] R&D Validation Engineer M/W (Lille, France)
To support the development of its innovations, Ciel et Terre is looking for a Validation Engineer intern, who will evolve within the R&D team in Lille, to work on the characterization and qualification programs of new Ciel et Terre products. These test programs are mainly performed with associated laboratories.
- Performs validations test to evaluate product performance with respect to specifications,
- Defines required resources (manhours, expenses) to validate the product,
- Respects milestones and budget of the development project,
- Ensures that tests performed respects the highest standards of quality and reliability.
- Defines tests protocols according to R&D or customer (or norm) specifications,
- Develops new tests protocols for specific product validation,
- Defines and communicates validation plan (manhours, expenses, planning),
- Defines prototype needs to complete validation plan,
- Performs validation plan, regularly reports the progress to R&D engineer in charge,
- Ensures tests respect the highest standards of quality and reliability (calibrations, certifications, cross-checks…),
- Validates test results and reports. Writes test reports if necessary,
- Closes project validation with lesson learns and project summary,
- Develops reliable partnerships to perform subcontracted tests,
- Capitalizes acquired knowledge (tests database) and uses it to improve test protocols,
- Performs technological watch on test means,
- Revert to Validation Manager or R&D Director for decisions.
Business trips possible in France or abroad (site or subsidiary visits).
WHAT WE OFFER
- 6-month internship available from July 2020
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- Dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Parking reserved for staff
- Free bicycle lending
- Lunch vouchers
You are currently enrolled in a Master program in mechanical engineering and you are looking for an end-of-course internship.
You are mastering Office pack and 2D and 3D drawing software (AutoCAD and Solidworks for example).
You are fluent in French and English.
You have knowledge in project management, instrumentation, mechanical system analysis, data acquisition and management.
You are open-minded, responsive, accurate and rigorous. You have strong interpersonal skills & writing abilities, practical common sense and of course, you have a deep interest in renewable energies.
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).