Project & Design Engineer M/W (Lille, France)
We are looking for a highly driven individual to join our growing team as a Project & Design Engineer in our Lille HQ. You will perform engineering activities related to design of mooring system for floating PV, which takes place between purchase order from the client and grid connection of the plant, in cooperation with supply chain and construction teams within Engineering, Project Management & Construction Department.
Main missions are:
- Site data analysis
- Global load calculation
- Drawing of anchoring layout
- Perform static and quasi-static design by using in-house design tools
- Equipment sizing (anchors, mooring lines…)
- Anchoring design report for client
- Technical support to procurement team, construction team, project manager. Meeting with suppliers, suppliers offers analysis, material selection
- Follow-up of anchoring works along with construction team
- Support to project manager in case of due diligence, third-party review, peer review
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- Dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- Business area of the Haute Borne, located 15 minutes by subway from Lille city center
- Parking reserved for staff
- Lunch vouchers
- Incentive agreement
- Full time permanent contract
- Salary: to be negotiated according to the profile
- You hold a Master of Mechanical Engineering and have a previous working experience in mechanical engineering (including internships).
- You are mastering Microsoft Office, Excel (design VBA/macros), Autocad or equivalent 2D CAD software (Solidworks, Draftsight). If you know PVSyst, ArcMap, it would be a plus.
- You have a technical knowledge of mechanics, flow mechanics, hydrodynamics and a deep interest in renewables and clean energies.
- You have good relational and writing skills (especially for technical reports drafting), and you are able to adapt, prioritize and self-manage. With a capacity for synthesis and a critical mind, you are proactive and pragmatic.
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge about solar energy, PV plant functioning, main components (PV panels, inverters, electrical boxes…) and technical constraints of installation would be an advantage.
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).