Purchaser M/W (Lille, France)
To support our growth strategy, we are looking for a Purchaser who will contribute to the company’s performance in EMEA area by negotiating high quality and low costs goods and services. You will be part of the global Supply Chain team and will be based in Lille.
- Select the right partners for manufacturing of Hydrelio® with a specific focus on metallic & mooring parts,
- Negotiate pricing, and terms and conditions of product supply,
- Act as the suppliers main interface for first contacts and for business matters,
- Contribute to improving the Company’s performance through high quality vendors and cost reductions.
- Identify new potential supplier for a given type of product and for a given delivery country,
- Rank them, contact them, and prepare initial visits,
- Audit suppliers based on audit tools created, rank and select the suppliers based on decision matrix,
- Assess whether it is preferable to make or buy products in a given situation based on internal method,
- Prepare requests for quotation (RFQ) based on product or tooling/equipment specification,
- Sign NDA with new partners (review content with contract manager when needed),
- Analyze quotation received from suppliers. Break down manufacturing costs, negotiate pricing to reach target price,
- Negotiate contract terms with suppliers and sign contract (contract prepared by contract manager),
- Place Purchase Orders for tooling and equipment (POs for parts are placed by supply department),
- Follow raw materials pricing evolution and news (LME Aluminium, Steel, Metal market indexes…). Make a monthly report of key news that may impact the business.
Holding a Bachelor or Master degree in Business or in Mechanical engineering, you have a minimum a 3-year experience in a BtoB purchasing environment of technical products (aluminium extrusion, steel extrusion, casting, forging, waterjet cutting, CNC, welding, fasteners). Previous experience in steel cables, polyester cables, elastomer cables would be appreciated.
You are fluent in French and English. Any other language would be a plus. You are fully proficient in MS Office pack.
You are mastering RFQ preparation, supplier auditing methodology, NDA and supply contracts, KPI, employee performance review and negotiation. You know the basics of Aluminium and steel transformation process and related cost structure.
- Strong leadership capabilities and interest in market dynamics along with business sense,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- A knack for negotiation and networking,
- And of course, a deep interest in renewable energies and industrial processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- A dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- The ability to take decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- The business area of the Haute Borne, located 15 minutes by subway from Lille station and city center
- Parking reserved for staff
- Free bicycles rental
- Lunch vouchers
It’s a full–time permanent contract, to start as soon as possible. Remuneration will be discussed according to profile and experience.
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).