R&D Engineer M/W (Lille, France)
To support the development of our innovations, we are offering a permanent position for a R&D engineer at our headquarters in Villeneuve d’Ascq.
You will be involved in all steps of new product development, from design and prototyping to testing and production launch.
Within the R&D department and under the responsibility of the head of R&D, your missions will be as follows:
- Invent new systems for floating solar power plants related to the floating structure,
- Define, plan and implement autonomously the entire development of the new system, from design to qualification of the industrial solution,
- Identify reliable and competitive partners to develop and validate the new systems,
- Work closely with the industry/logistics team to qualify partners worldwide,
- Manage the progress of the development of new systems,
- Ensure reporting in terms of progress and problems faced; propose solutions for continuous improvement,
- Contribute to the synergy within the R&D team and between the teams of the whole Ciel et Terre group.
You will be expected to travel abroad on an occasional basis for site visits or to visit our subsidiaries.
You hold a Master of mechanical or material science engineering and have at least 5-year experience in CAD and development of mass-produced parts (plastic parts and/or metal structure if possible). Experience in the solar industry would be a plus.
You are proficient in Pack Office, Solidworks (or any other 3D CAD software) and have strong skills in mechanics, design of technical parts, plastics, RDM or metallic structure.
You are fluent in French and English, both written and spoken.
Open-minded, innovative and curious, you are able to work independently and as part of an international team. You have a real practical sense, are proactive, know how to prioritize and adapt to changes. Of course, you have a strong interest in renewable energies and want to move the lines in this field!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Working for the pioneer of floating solar photovoltaics
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the group’s activities
- A proximity to the management team
- A dynamic work environment that encourages the expression of everyone’s potential and talent
- Autonomy and the ability to initiate change
- Daily interaction with multicultural team
You will bring us your skills and inspiration, we will offer you a friendly and stimulating work environment!
LES PLUS C&T
If you prefer to come to work by bike, we will lend you one! We provide you with a personalized onboarding: you will be welcomed by your sponsor who will guide you throughout your integration, prepare your training with the different departments etc… And also:
- A profit-sharing agreement
- Lunch vouchers
- A family health insurance covered at 75%.
- The possibility of sharing your time between on-site and home office
We are in the business area of the Haute Borne in Villeneuve d’Ascq, located 15 minutes by subway from train station and Lille city centre. Parking reserved for staff.
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with a short message in English stating your goals and motivations (instead of a cover letter).