Technical Project Manager M/W (USA)
To support the growth of our US market, we are seeking a Technical Project Manager. The Technical Project Manager will oversee the preparation of, and sometimes prepare, preliminary designs using Helioscope and AutoCAD; coordinate with the Supply Chain Manager on the on-time delivery of our materials to the construction site; and travel to train our customers onsite on the installation of our systems.
- Deliver design projects as per sales contract terms and conditions
- Define and manage the Project team
- Ensure coordination between all project team members and all project stakeholders
- Coordinate the studies and the work required for project completion
- Manage client relationships throughout the project
- Facilitate the synergy between Ciel et Terre teams
- Plan and lead all activities related to the project (Floating PV island Design, Yield Simulation, Anchoring Design, Structural Drawings and Calculations as required)
- Ensure the follow-up and the reporting for all projects
- Ensure the preparation of the works onsite: recommendation about equipment and good practices
- Bring reliable technical support to the sales team (site qualification, cost estimation, submission of preliminary design documents)
- Provide reliable technical assistance/advice to our clients by understanding their needs, by anticipating the technical issues of their project and by training the workers on site to install and properly commission the floating solar island
- With the Sales team, take part in the development of a range of services to support clients for their floating solar projects (advise, assistance, new services, new equipment)
- Travel to construction sites to train clients on the construction of floating solar islands
- Contract review with the sales team before purchase order signature
- Subcontractors’ consultation, contracting and follow up
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Holding a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering, you have a previous working experience in as solar project manager.
You speak fluently English. Spanish speaking is a plus.
You are proficient in Microsoft Office, SharePoint, AutoCAD (or equivalent 2D CAD software), HelioScope, PVsyst.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Good relational, management and prioritization skills
- Authorized to work in the US
- Willing and able to travel across Americas
- A self-starter who can work independently
- Analytical, adaptable, open-minded.
WHAT WE OFFER
There are many exciting reasons to join the Ciel et Terre team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare, and a generous PTO plan. We are an ethical organization resolutely oriented towards cutting-edge technologies with a goal to remain the sector’s leading player worldwide. Ciel et Terre is a collaborative company founded on respect, trust and free speech, functioning with the fewest possible levels of hierarchy and favoring the greatest possible autonomy. We believe in hiring the best and building a multinational team – our links beyond distance, cultural differences, and linguistic barriers.
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
We have been developing, designing and supplying large scale floating solar power plants (over 600 MW worldwide) since 2011. To address the lack of space available for large-scale ground-based PV systems, which often take up wide areas of productive land, we developed our Hydrelio® floating PV technology. Patented in 2011, this reliable and cost-effective technology allows the installation of large-scale floating solar systems on quarry lakes, dams, irrigation reservoirs or water-treatment sites. As pioneers and experts in the floating PV market, we are developing strategic partnerships daily and exporting our business and technology worldwide.
As part of this , Ciel & Terre USA is a system designer and an equipment manufacturer. We design the Hydrelio floating solar racking systems and sell the materials to our developer or EPC contractor customers.
We are convinced that floating solar power generation is an efficient and affordable alternative to conventional fossil fuel energies. Employing about 170 people within our head office in Lille, France and subsidiaries in Tokyo, San Francisco, Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai, Tainan, and Bangalore, we are proud to be creating jobs while contributing to the development of low-carbon, sustainable economies and societies. And working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to the HR manager in charge of the recruiting process.
Please complete your application with your resume and a brief cover letter showcasing how your skills and experience fits in with the position and why Ciel et Terre interests you.