VIE PROJECT ENGINEER M/W (CA, USA)
The company is offering a CDD position of 4 months in Bordeaux followed by a VIE (Volunteer for International Experience) position in the USA subsidiaries to support the technical team for business development. The employee will be mainly working on the prospection and technical characterization of new potential sites in the United Sates to identify the one suitable for floating solar. He will perform floating solar array design and will be in relation with the local project developers to technically assist them in their daily missions. The employee may participate in the improvement of the floating solar projects by developing new technical solutions related to the Hydrelio product.
The PROJECT ENGINEER will be working under the authority of the Project Development – Technical Director.
- Assist the project development team in the site prospection
- Develop new tools or processes for the project development team
- Conduct pre-feasibility and detailed studies for floating solar projects: layout, modelling, components listing, geographical implantation, yield energy simulation, anchoring notes…
- Design floating solar systems (preliminary electrical layout)
- Run PVSYST and Helioscope simulations
- Manage projects during the development phase
- Employee shall perform any other duties and such other services as the Supervisor may from time-to-time designate
Business trips possible (site or subsidiary visits)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Work for the pioneer and leading floating solar company
- Opportunity to have a direct impact on the company activities
- Dynamic working environment, where people can express their potential and talent
- Ability to make decisions and initiate change
- Diverse, multicultural teams
- 4-month CDD available as soon as possible followed by a VIE position
- Academic level: At least 5 years of study in any of the following:
- Renewable Energies Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- General Engineering
- Experience: Engineering degree
- Languages: English mandatory, French preferred
- Preferred IT skills: Mastering Microsoft Office software, CAO 2D (AUTOCAD) or equivalent, SOLIDWORKS, Google Sketch-up, ArcView or equivalent GIS software, PVSyst, Helioscope.
PROFICIENCIES AND SKILLS
- Technical knowledge of electricity, mechanics, GIS softwares
- Good English communication skills (Oral and Writing)
- Able to adapt, prioritize and self-manage
- Curiosity, pro-activity and implication
- Project management skills appreciated
- Pragmatism and practical sense
- Capacity to analyze and synthetize
- Team work
- Deep interest in Renewable Energies
At Ciel & Terre, we are deeply engaged in the development of the fast-evolving and international floating PV market, which implies experience and a high-level of expertise, and we have the ambition to remain leaders and go further to realize its potential.
Working at Ciel & Terre means something for each of our co-workers. As an innovative and eco-friendly company, we share strong human qualities and values in connection with the energy transition. We give every employee the opportunity to express his/her potential by providing autonomy and encouraging initiative among dynamic multicultural teams.
Your application will be automatically addressed to our HR manager – Ms Fanny HERMANT, in charge of the recruiting process.
Please send your application along with your CV. Only applications in English will be accepted.